Christopher W. Quinn
Chris’s dedication to helping others is the foundation of Quinn IP Law’s culture, which promotes achieving excellence over accruing billable hours, allowing attorneys to forge deep and long-lasting alliances with clients – whether they are growth stage startups or household names.
Following his experience in-house at Ford Motor Company and as a shareholder in an intellectual property boutique firm, Chris’s passion for his profession and desire to make a positive impact on his community led to the formation and growth of Quinn IP Law into a nationally renowned intellectual property service provider.
Having partnered with many prolific innovators and represented corporations on strict budgets, Chris appreciates the importance of strategically targeted, economical patent strategies and he offers alternative flat-fee arrangements to help clients adhere to budgetary demands. Understanding the pressures faced by in-house counsel inspired Chris to build a successful system which provides exceptional quality at reduced cost.
Christopher Quinn named among Top 1% of Americas Most Honored Lawyers, 2022. The American Registry has cataloged the largest repository of professional ratings and awards. Chris’s numerous professional accolades have placed him at the top of the registry, an elite group.
He was always fascinated with technological discovery and knew early on that he was destined to make a career out of helping creators and innovators succeed. Tinkering in a physics lab as a student at the University of Michigan sparked his passion for innovation and has unfolded into his current project – a book on quantum physics. Intellectual Property Law provides the perfect outlet for his interests in technology, research, and writing, and his enthusiasm for working closely with some of the world’s most innovative minds.
Awards and Recognition
- 2006 – 2023 selected to “Super Lawyers”
- IAM Patent 1000 2016-2023 – World’s Leading Patent Professional
- Recognized “Leading Patent Prosecutor” by Patent Research Review
- Recognized “IP Stars” by Managing Intellectual Property
- Voted by his peers as a DBusiness “Top Lawyer in Metro Detroit”
- Best Lawyers in America – 2018 – 2024
- America’s Most Honored Lawyers for 2021, 2022, 2023 – Top 1%
Teaching & Lecturing
- Adjunct Lecturer Aug 2019 – Present, University of Michigan
- Teaching “ENTR530 Innovation and IP Strategy” which covers Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights, Trade Secrets, Tech Transfer, Due Diligence, Litigation and Licensing.
- The 20 Year War On Patents: When Will It End?
- 10 Legal Ethics Tips: Over-Billing Clients is Bad Business